Maastricht University (UM) is known for its Problem-Based Learning system and international orientation. Our small-scale ‘international classroom’ brings together people from all over the world who have different backgrounds and perspectives. And it’s these very differences that make the UM learning experience unique.
Our study programmes, too, are internationally oriented. They are focused on helping you get the best out of yourself and preparing you as well as possible for your future career, be it here or anywhere else in the world. Indeed, Maastricht is often said to feel like a little piece of ‘abroad’ right here in the Netherlands. Together with the many study-abroad opportunities enjoyed by our students, this makes studying at UM a truly international experience.
Top 10 reasons to choose UM:
1. Personal approach with Problem-Based Learning
2. Unique programmes
3. Most international university in the Netherlands
4. Our research provides a fertile breeding ground for our education
5. Best young university in Europe
6. Educational innovation
7. The heart of Europe
8. The city of Maastricht
9. Honours programmes for students who like an extra challenge
10. Good chances on finding a job